Cook with Yóu Yóu
Direct internal design team and freelance team, art direction, UX/UI, social media content, photoshoot direction, video + photo shooting and editing
HYPE Asia - Cook with Yóu Yóu
Rachel Ching | Art Director
Kelsea Graham | Freelance Designer
Hannah Cheung | Digital Designer
Jenny Wong | Copywriter
Yóu Yóu is a DTC brand that sells premium Tea Seed Oil, an oil that has been used in China for 2000 years. It is a healthier option for Asian and high heat cooking as it has a high smoke point. It also has a neutral flavor which won't affect the taste of the dish. Yóu Yóu is also here to share Asian culture and recipes.
At the early stage of Yóu Yóu, one of the biggest challenges was planning and executing monthly social media content with a tight timeline. Also the previous material was not informative about the product so I also took on the role to revamp the UX/UI and social content for the brand.
In order to interact with our audience on social media, filters, memes and cultural education content were created for Instagram. We aimed to be relatable and informative. As for the website we optimized the homepage to walk the users through the benefits of the product and drive conversion.
The original website contained mostly images which didn't show the benefits of the product.
I hosted a design sprint within the team and we also did a survey to understand how users perceive our website.
Below are the key takeaways:
1. A more neutral background for text heavy section
2. Dedicated section to talk about benefits of Tea Seed Oil
3. CTA button should be visible and accessible enough to drive conversion
4. Develop on brand graphics to support USPs
My design process:
- Sprint session with internal team
- Interview external users and see what we could improve
- Market research on how our competitors execute their UX/UI
- Wireframe with different options for feedbacks
- UX/UI Design in Figma and worked closely with developers
- A/B test
In order to share Asian culture we have developed different series of posts, filters and stickers to interact with our audience.
Cultural education post
Seasonal movie pick
Unboxing Stop motion
Christmas Stop motion
What dish are you filter
Lunar New Year filter
Instagram highlight icons